The importance of water hygiene to your people and buildings
Clean water is something everyone takes for granted. But the systems that supply water for people to use - such as: cooling systems, hot and cold water systems, spa pools, showers, humidifiers and other systems – are at risk of becoming infected with the legionella bacteria if left unprotected.
Systems which are badly designed, work at unsuitable temperatures or in disrepair are breeding grounds for the legionella bacteria.
The Health and Safety Commission (HSE) publishes guidance on meeting the standards and complying with the law on dealing with this risk.
How we help
Hydraclean offers you a tailored, personal and professional water hygiene and compliance service to keep your water clean and your people safe.
Our trained, qualified and certified staff provide independent expert water safety advice and consultancy.
With over 30 years of experience helping clients comply with the Water Supply Regulations 1999, the Health And Safety at Work Act 1974 and the COSHH regulations 2002, you can depend on our technical expertise, robust engineering experience and excellent customer care.
- Cleaning and chlorination
- Microbiological sampling – UKAS Accredited
- Ongoing risk assessment and management
- Service and maintenance schedules
- Control schemes and compliance management
The Code places responsibility on employers and others to:
- Identify and assess source of risk
- Prepare a scheme for preventing or controlling risk
- Implementing and management of the scheme of precautions
- Keep records of implemented precautions.
Would you like our help in creating a maintenance schedule for your water hygiene system?
Please contact us for answers to your questions.