WATER HYGIENE SERVICES SPECIALISING IN LEGIONELLA CONTROL, PREVENTION AND RISK MANAGEMENT
Clean water is something that everyone takes for granted. However, the risk from Legionella in water systems can be high if correct procedures are not followed. All of our Water Hygiene services and Water Treatment services are designed to meet your specific needs and are implemented to comply with the very latest regulations.
Hydraclean Ltd offers you a tailored, personal and professional compliance and water hygiene service to keep your water clean and your people safe. Ensuring health risks are fully monitored and managed is our number 1 priority.
Our Water Hygiene Services include:
- Cleaning and Chlorination
- Microbiological Sampling – UKAS Accredited
- Ongoing Risk Assessment and Management
- Service and Maintenance Schedules
- Control Schemes and Compliance Management
Our trained, qualified and certified staff provide independent expert water safety advice and consultancy. If you would like a free quote or more information on how Hydraclean Ltd can help you to fully comply with the law and deal with the risk of Legionella, please fill out the form below or call us today.
HOW OUR WATER HYGIENE SERVICES CAN HELP YOU
Minimising the risk to the public of catching Legionnaires disease is a legal requirement. With over 50 years of experience, we help clients to comply with the Water Supply Regulations 1999, The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the COSHH regulations 2002.
The code places responsibility on employers and others to identify, assess, prevent and control the source of risk for Legionella bacteria. It is extremely important that all records of implemented precautions are kept and maintained.
We work alongside building managers, facilities managers, landlords and property agents to create bespoke maintenance schedules for your water hygiene systems. Our technical expertise, robust engineering experience and excellent customer care ensure your organisation meets the associated legal obligations.
Find out more information here on how to make sure you are meeting The Health and Safety Commission (HSE) standards.
The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) Section 2 requires employees to ensure plant and equipment is safe and without risks, this means that there is a responsibility to ensure there is no risk of infection from the pool water, or from any other system on the premises.
Regular testing of pool and spa facilities is required to ensure the safety of swimmers visiting your premises. It also plays an important role in protecting the infrastructure of your pool. Effective water management enables the optimisim of your treatment plan, maintaining water balance and disinfection control.
Daily pool water testing is required to effectively monitor pH levels and disinfectant residuals such as chlorine and bromine, to prevent chemical irritation for swimmers. To maintain water quality, weekly tests must also be carried out to test parameters such as alkalinty, total dissolved solids, calcium hardness and water balance.
To eliminate the risk of recreational water illnesses, microbiological pool and spa tests must be done at least monthly. Microbiological testing is critical in stopping the spread of bacteria and viruses.
Hydraclean Ltd can offer the following services for your pool:
- Full monthly chemistry testing of pool and spa water for pH, total dissolved solids, conductivity, total alkalinity, total hardness, calcium hardness, iron, chloride, free, total and combined chlorine, temperature and langelier index
- Full microbological testing for TVC, Ecoli and coliforms & pseudomonas aeruginosa. Legionella sampling (spa pools)
- Calibration, services or replacement of pool plant equipment (pH, ORP probes)
- Supply of all pool and spa water chemicals and testing equipment to staff carry out daily/weekly checks
- Technical advice on maintaing a good water balance and disinfection control and what procedures to put in place if things go wrong
- Service and replacement of filtration equipment
Please note: Hydraclean Ltd can also offer all of the above on decroative water features.
Closed System (LPHW & Chilled) Samples
Our highly trained hygienists take closed system samples from site and these samples are brought to our office whre they are tested for the below:
- Physical Appearence & Solid Levels
- Dissolved Iron
- Total Aluminimum (for LPHW Systems)
- Total Copper
- MED (for Chilled Systems)
- NRB & SRB (if necessary/required)
We recommend that these samples are taken quarterly to monitor trends and for samples to be taken after any works on the system.